Friday, August 3, 2018

August Welcome Back Letter

Welcome to Second Grade! August 3, 2018 My name is Mrs. Hockenbury and I’m so excited to be your teacher this year! This summer I have enjoyed spending time with Mr. Hock, Eddie, Ryan, Casey, Nana and Bindi. I have also enjoyed setting up our classroom in room 14! I am looking forward to hearing about your summer and getting to know you! Our school year will start with team building, fun writing activities, creative problem solving and interesting books. This year we will also explore earth changes, plants and regions of the United States. We will spend time together with our second grade team at school and on field trips. The first few days of school can be warm, so please bring in a water bottle along with a daily, healthy snack in your backpack. I will supply you with a home/school folder, subject area folders, and creative school supplies. I will start the year using email to communicate with families until our class blog is available. Please send me a quick note to shockenbury@sbschools.net so I can gather your family’s contact information. Enjoy the rest of the long days, the warmth of the summer sun and dream about the upcoming learning adventures ahead this year! I will see you at Open House on Monday, August 27 between 1:30-3:00. Sincerely, Mrs. Hock Possible Classroom Donations: *Baby Wipes (not clorox or lysol) *Tissues *Black sharpies *Pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment